Friday, May 15, 2009

Personality Theories

I just finished this semester, and personality theories kicked my tushie. I struggled week in and week out, reading the material and then not seeing anything I recognized on any quizzes. I have not struggled much since I went back to school, except for Algebra, I will always struggle with a math, but this class has been incredibly difficult.

Midterm I considered withdrawing from it, or maybe auditing the class so that when I took it next fall it might make more sense. I really thought that it would be an easy class, but I was waaaaay wrong. I pretty much had a low "D" in there at midterm time. I took my midterm late and I would have passed it if I hadn't had to take a 20 point penalty for taking it so late.

I took my final on Thu, and while all semester the material boggled my feeble little mind, the exam was all about putting the theories to use. I realized when I took that exam that I learned something this semester! I might not be able to tell you which psychoanalyst subscribed to which specific theory, but I can tell you everything when stated in practice. I can even analyze my friends! I'm a blast at parties!

I pulled my grade up to a "B". I would have been thrilled with a "C". So there goes my 4.0, but I'm still all up in the honor society and that's cool with me. I am now planning a ceremony to burn this book. S'mores for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment