Wednesday, May 20, 2009

6 Years Ago (pt.2)

So I'm one week away from Jack's arrival. But I don't know that yet. My doctor came back into town, and I went for my appt. He looked at the reports, and he checks me to see if I'm anywhere near ready to have this humongous kid.

11lbs+. I started to cry. My nose at this point had doubled in size, my back hurt, my joints all felt disconnected as if preparing to stretch to unimaginable distances. I could no longer see my feet, and flip flops were my only choice in shoes. It was already hot, and it was mid May. I could feel him in there, kicking and rolling, that big head bumping into everything in it's way. 11 pounds plus. It was unimaginable.

The doctor says that he is concerned with my delivering such a large baby with my blood pressure being high and my blood sugar problems. I didn't have gestational diabetes, but I did have some problems that were similar, and my baby was seemingly as big as if I were. So he scheduled a cesarean for May 27th. One week! I had one week, and I was put on bedrest and told to stay off my feet and be very careful, drink lots of water, do not do anything to induce labor. He was taking him about a week early because of the size but he didn't want me to go into labor because again, my baby measured 11 pounds plus. Did I mention that?

My mom, my husband, my sister, they all told me not to worry and that a c/section was a piece of cake. It was about this time that they were installing our new air conditioning unit. Once I found out that he was coming sooner than expected, we rushed that along. So I spent my final week without a child laying in bed, sleeping, reading, doing word puzzles, talking on the phone. I had all the clothes washed, the nursery was ready for his arrival. The house had been remodeled (we were going to do that anyway, Jack was just our motivator to get it done). The baby shower gifts were all in their place, my bag was packed, Jack's bag was packed.

Bob and I had gone shopping the day we found out we were having a boy, and we bought a little blue two piece outfit with a hat. It was tiny, there was no way it was going to fit what I had imagined in my own head this kid was going to be. So I tried to find something bigger. I packed up the little blue outfit, and I packed the bigger outfit. I had diapers for days, itty bitty ones, that I just knew would be worthless, thank God I hadn't opened them. I would just take them back and get the bigger ones. I had bottles, receiving blankets, tons of socks! I was ready for this to happen.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment