Saturday, May 23, 2009

6 Years Ago (pt.3)

I realize I put one year ago on my last post. It's been a rough week.

On the Saturday before I am scheduled for a c/section to have Jack the following Tuesday, it was hot outside and it was Memorial Day weekend. Which is family reunion weekend. Obviously I didn't go, instead I layed in bed and read, and drank water. I was trying to keep that big headed baby in for 3 more days! Bob was working and I was home alone. My Nana came by on her way home from the reunion, and I opened the door wearing my green nightgown (that I wore at the hospital with both of my babies), and apparently I looked hideous because when she saw me she said "oh my gosh, you look so swollen, are you ok?" I wanted to cry because, no, I wasn't ok. I was about to have a baby with an abnormally large head. He was going to be huge. I may or may not have anything to bring him home in because the only clothes I had were up to 3 mths and he was obviously going to be wearing a 2T home. My imagination was slightly out of control, but I had nothing else to think about but this child.

She came in and we sat in the nice cool new a/c and she told me about the reunion. It was nice, she rarely comes by because she doesn't get into town often and I rarely get to spend time alone with her. And I was enjoying having something to distract me from my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment